Year at a Glance School Year Edition Poster by Jill Nery
- Back to School Night (Sep.): Opportunity for parents and caregivers to meet the teachers and learn about their classroom structure and expectations. Adult only event.
- NEST Meeting: The parent/teacher organization meetings. The board meets monthly, and they host open general sessions throughout the school year.
- Student Leadership Assembly (Monthly): Student leaders are announced and celebrated. Some are open to families to attend, and others are for students only.
- Back to School Family Dance (Sep.): Typically scheduled alongside the Fall book fair to allow families a time to let loose and have fun with other families outside of school hours while also stopping by the book fair to shop. Great community building event for families. Features music for dancing and snacks for sale by the 5th grade committee.
- Scholastic Book Fair (Fall and Spring): A great opportunity to purchase books at your student(s) reading level. Open for shopping before and after school. Online shopping option available as well.
- Hawk Time/Family Friday (Monthly): Families are invited to visit the classroom of their student(s) and participate in an activity together.
- Fall Festival with Trunk or Treat (Oct.): Participants go and bring their cars to a central location, usually a parking lot (for obvious reasons). The drivers and their families decorate their cars for Halloween, sometimes creating elaborate scenes out of their trunks. Then kids walk from vehicle to vehicle, collecting candy the way they would during a normal trick-or-treating outing.
- Mrs. Fields Fundraiser (late Oct. thru early Nov.): Fall fundraiser where students sell cookie dough, cheesecakes, and other like items. Delivery occurs to the school prior to the holiday break. Ordered items must be picked up from school on the date of delivery (to be communicated by the NEST each year). Storage is not available for orders that are not picked up. 3rd largest fundraiser for the school year.
- Penguin Patch Holiday Shop (late Nov. thru early Dec.): Holiday gift shop for students and family to purchase gifts. Open before and after school for shopping.
- Apex Fun Run: Second largest fundraiser of the year. Multi week leadership program leading up to a jog-a-thon style fun run for the students. Encourages student leadership and rewards physical activity. Very popular!
- Open House/Heritage Night (Spring): An opportunity for families to visit the classrooms and see their student(s) work. Alongside classroom visits, we will set up various booths celebrating diverse cultures and their foods/traditions. More info and signups to be sent closer to event time.